Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone! As I look forward to 2008, I have to sit and reflect on 2007.

This past year has been a good one, overall, for the Guiler family. Randy & I are healthy, and enjoying a fun-filled life together on the road. We are still the best of friends, and that's pretty good after being together 24/7 for 3 years! :) And we are looking forward to another great year of traveling.

Our family is in great shape. All of our kids are happy and healthy. Each one is in a stable relationship with people we have grown to love as our own. Our grandchildren are growing and learning and becoming very neat people. My parents have come through 2007 relatively unscathed! My mom had some health issues, but was out walking this morning when I talked to her! That's fantastic, Mom! Keep it up. Our sisters and their families are doing well. And we have two weddings to look forward to this summer! I'd say Randy & I are blessed indeed.

As I look forward to 2008, I don't make resolutions. I find I don't keep them anyway, so what's the point? I don't long for more "stuff"; I long for more time. I want each day to be a little longer so that I can enjoy being with Randy even more. I want more time to be able to marvel at how our kids have grown into phenomenal adults. I want more time to love on my grandkids and make an impact in their lives. I want more time to show my folks how much I love them and appreciate all they have sacrificed for me over the years. I want more time so that I can be a better friend to my sister and the girlfriends God has blessed me with. And I want more time to worship God and show my gratitude to Him for all that He has provided.

But, I know that I have just so much time - that was decided long before I was born. So, I will make the most of that time. I will tell those I love that I love them; I will write a note to those folks who may need a little encouragement; I will make a phone call or two to someone just to let him/her know that I'm thinking of them. And I will pray and ask God to show me how to use the time He has given me.

I hope that 2008 will be a great year for each of you. I hope that you will find the time to do things that mean a lot to you. And I hope that each of you feels loved.

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment