Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Randy Joins the Folk Music World!

That's right - Randy joined me at my Thursday dulcimer group, Jubilee Pickers. While both of the dulcimer groups I play with are friendly, fun and welcoming, this group is different in that they are more informal and laid back. I figured this group would be a better one for Randy to join in his new endeavor. :) And he fit right in, of course. Several folks from our park participate in this group so he already knew lots of people and the others welcomed him with hugs and excitement. They are great people.

I think he enjoyed his first session. He played the psaltry as best he could. He needs the music and often dulcimer music is not notes on a staff, but "tabs." It's different than what he's used to. So, we'll have to get him sheet music for the songs and, of course, his musical ear will be a huge help to him. I just think it's fun to have him there!

Our morning was devoted to music, then we went out to eat with a bunch of the folks from the group. Most Thursday lots of us go to lunch at a Chinese buffet. It was no different today. So, it looks like I won't have to cook on Thursdays!! :)

After lunch we went up to Best Buy and picked up Randy's computer. Then, it was a quick stop at WalMart to pick up milk and bread and on to home.

I couldn't wait to get out of the truck. It is so daggone hot here that the A/C in the truck was barely cooling it off. That sun beating in was atrocious. UGH. Even the "natives" say the weather is pretty bad. I can't imagine what our electric bill's gonna be. Oh, well. I'm not suffering - bring on the A/C!! :)

We were going to go to the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores today, but since we had all the errands to do, we figured we'd wait. It's going on all weekend. We've talked about going tomorrow, but I'm not sure I want to be out in this ugly heat/humidity. I know, I know. I'm a wimp. But, it's just not fun. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Hope you're having a good week. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment