Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

One of the Best Gifts Ever

Well, in the midst of some of the nastiest weather I've experienced, there is a ray of brightness. Today is Lindsay's birthday. She is my firstborn, my daughter, and has become my friend.

Thirty-two years ago, at 2:45am, Lindsay was born. Never has a child been so anticipated. She was our firstborn, and the first grandchild on her father's side. You would have thought she was the first child born EVER. :) And every child should be welcomed that way.

Since that day, there have been so many proud days. I have always said that Lindsay could have been raised by wolves and still become the phenomenal young woman she is today. She was born focused; always knew where she was going and how she was going to get there. It was amazing to watch.

And now, as most of you know who read this blog with any regularity, Lindsay is married to Jason, a fabulous young man who we love as our own as well as the mother of our first granddaughter, Reagan. Watching Lindsay become a wife, then a mom, has been an extraordinary experience. She does it with grace and humor and lots of love.

Today as I think back on these past thirty-two years, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I thank God that He allowed me the privilege of being Lindsay's mom. I haven't done everything right; not by a long shot. But, I've loved her beyond measure and unconditionally. She has been a joy to parent. Everyone should have at least one child like her – yep, she's that cool.

Yeah, I'm tired of rain, after all it's been raining since Saturday! But, today, I've got sunshine 'cause I get to remember a very bright day thirty-two years ago. And that's better than anything!

Happy birthday, Lindsay! You are loved, my girlie.

Lindsay

Until the next time . . .

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I hope my mom thinks half of me as you do of Linds! And I do know for a fact that the feelings go both ways between the two of you.
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay8:18 PM

    Thank you so much, Mom! I had to struggle to finish reading this post through my teary eyes. This was so sweet. I hope I can continue to make you proud of me. You're a wonderful mom. Thanks for always being there. Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. And not only is she all the wonderful things you wrote about she is also....very beautiful!! Happy Birthday Lindsay!!!
    I always enjoy reading about your times with Lindsay!! It is apparent you two are not only mother and daughter but best friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete