Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Into a Routine

After a month here at Hillsdale Lake Corps of Engineers Visitor Center, I think we're into a routine. And anyone who knows me, knows I like my routine.

We work 3 days a week and now also have the weekends free. We find our way to visit Sam & AubreyLynn once a week. We've found a good church to attend on Sundays. And the other time is filled with reading, cross stitching Christmas gifts (for me), and lots of TV. :)

And we're enjoying it.

I like having structure in my life. Yeah, I know. Retirement is about going with the flow. And that's okay with me – I just like “directed” flow. :)

We had another great afternoon with AubreyLynn yesterday – oh, and her mommy, Sam, and her other grandparents, Steve & Donna. We feel very comfortable in their home which is maybe not a good thing for them!! hahahaha As I did last week, I took dinner with us. Just a way of saying thank you for opening their home to us and allowing us to do laundry while we're there. I took baked ziti and a salad and Donna added garlic bread and homemade carrot cake. Very yummy!

Even though I dropped my Curves membership a few months ago, I've continued to be diligent in my exercise – even though I still hate it!!! I “walk” five to six days a week to one of Leslie Sansone' Walk at Home videos. On mornings we work, I only get in two to three miles, but on the days off I walk four miles. She directs a great workout, and it's just not walking in place. I highly recommend it.

Randy is getting some exercise on the days we work. He's outside in the heat, doing whatever tasks Jim, our ranger, gives him. As the season is winding down, there are things to do at the shop and not so much around the Visitor Center.

We've got just six more weeks here and then we'll take a few days to play before arriving back in Bonifay on November 1.

Tomorrow our precious Lindsay is celebrating her birthday. She is such a joy and I am grateful to be her mom. Watching her blossom into the lovely woman she is has been such a gift. God has given us a deep friendship on top of being mother and daughter and that is something I cherish.

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay11:05 AM

    Thanks, Mom! Love you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete