Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Robbinston, ME at the Canadian border!!

Before I get to our day’s travel, please be sure to look at our other postings below. I had to post all today because we’re having trouble with our internet connection. Luckily, our current campground has WiFi and I can get online occasionally. Now for our day . . .

We decided to travel along US Route 1 all the way to our new destination, Robbinston. Route 1 follows along the Maine coast and we figured it would be a beautiful trip. We weren’t wrong! We were either riding right along the ocean, catching glimpses of the ocean and/or its bays, or going through quaint, small towns.
It has been a lovely day. The weather cooperated and, although a bit chilly & breezy, it was sunny and blue skies all the way. I feel like I keep repeating myself when I tell you how beautiful this area is. But, I can’t help it - everywhere we look are more gorgeous views. I wish I could share them all with you. Just know that I continue to praise God for his creation and thank Him for being able to enjoy it.

We are near Lubec, ME which boasts the easternmost point of the United States. There’s a lighthouse there, West Quoddy. We plan to see that this weekend. We’re also going to go into Canada, St. Stephen to be exact. Another neat thing we’re going to get a picture of this weekend is in Perry. Perry has the distinction of being exactly halfway between the equator and the North Pole! Apparently, there is a marker there stating this fact. So, expect a picture!
Really looking forward to this weekend and seeing all of these landmarks.

Will report back as soon as possible! In the meantime, take care of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment