Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Saying Good-bye to Mardi Gras 2007

Well, we lived through Mardi Gras! We were busier this past week than we've been in the past month combined!! It was a lot of fun, though. We went to more parades in the last week than I've ever been to in my life, I think. And we've met lots of nice folks, some who may go on to become good friends. That's the best part. Here are some pictures from the campground parade and the final Grand Ball. Enjoy!

Here we are with Dick & Pat at the Grand Ball last night.
We do a lot with them. They great folks from Oklahoma. The next picture is Dick, Pat & their little girl, "Sassi." This is the "King & Queen" in a vintage Jaguar. The guys loved this car! And finally, a picture of The Chenilles. I'm not sure if I've told you about this group of women. They perform (if you can call it that!) at different functions in the park, singing popular songs whose lyrics have been rewritten to fit the occasion. I had the luck to join them during the Mardi Gras events. Here we are singing a geriatric version of "My Favorite Things." You can't really see me, but if you look closely, you can see my bow behind the woman in the crazy wig. I had a lot of fun with this group!

Next week is sure to be less eventful than this past one. We are going to the Gulf Shores Zoo and that should be fun. This zoo has the dubious distinction of having to evacuate its animals twice in just two years due to hurricanes, but never lost an animal. They were even featured in a series on the cable channel, Animal Planet. Will share more after the trip.

Well, take care of one another. Keep in touch. Hugs to all. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment