Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Retirement is tough . . .

Whew! Life in the slow lane is rough! Having to get up each day and decide whether to sit out on the porch and read or sew, or watch a movie, or take a drive can really take a toll on a person! :)

We have had a very relaxing couple of weeks, finally. We've had the pleasure of catching up with some friends by having dinner together and spending lots of time with our precious granddaughter, Reagan.

While I was walking yesterday morning, I was thanking God for the many, many blessings in my life. He has given us so much more than we need and our family is doing well. I was overcome by His grace and mercy. It is truly an awesome thing to be able to say that you are at peace with your life. And at this moment in time, I am. I hope that each of you have that, too.

Well, I just wanted to check in since I hadn't posted anything for awhile. We have a quiet week coming up, but then this Saturday our niece is getting married. And then next week, my cousin who lives in England is coming to the U.S. and we're meeting up at my folks' house. I'm really looking forward to seeing her - it's been several years since we've been together. I can't even remember when it was, that's how long ago it's been! So, I'll have some pictures to share, I'm sure.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Keep in touch. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment