Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, July 30, 2007

A Wedding in the Family




What a great way to end the month! Our niece, LuAnn, was married on Saturday to a wonderful young man, Eric. The wedding was held at Lou & Paula's home in the afternoon. Yes, it was a little warm, but that was soon forgotten in the joy of watching these two pledging their love and commitment to one another.

We had not met Eric before this weekend, but Lou and Paula had told us how much they have come to love him. To quote Paula, "He fits in our family just great!" And l
et me tell you, there's not a finer compliment, in my humble opinion, to be had! :)

Randy & I had gone over on Friday to help set up for the wedding and we got to
meet Eric's family. What fun we had! Lots of hard work, but when you mix it with so much laughter, who cares how hard you're working! And when the end result is such a lovely wedding and reception, all that work was well worth it.

Paula and I are so blessed to have great kids who have chosen well in their spouses
and boyfriend. I was watching our kids during the reception and it was such a pleasure! Our kids love each other and laugh and tease each with such abandon - what a thrill it is to see. And now our grandchildren are carrying on the tradition. I could sit and just bask in that feeling all day.

Sorry, got a little mushy there, but you know, I'm allowed - it's my blog!! :) I hope each of you have the opportunity to feel even just a small percentage of that each day of your lives. It's a terrific thing!

We leave tomorrow to go to my folks' for the week. I'm getting excited to see my cousin. It's been a long time since we last saw one another and her kids are all grown up! Lindsay & Reagan are going to come down, too, and my cousin has never seen Reagan, so that's going to be fun. I'll have lots to share next week, I'm sure.

Take care of one another! Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment