Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Getting the New Year Started

We ended 2012 hanging out with Reagan while her parents went out to dinner with friends. It was a great way to end the year. :)

Reagan, the photographerGetting ready to go out for NYE 2012

We started 2013 with our last family gathering. Our eldest, Ginny and her husband, Chuck, and our grandson, Tommy, came up to Lindsay's for the afternoon. It was so good to see them. It had been far too long. We didn't do anything exciting, just hung out. We were glad they were able to make the two hour trip.

Chuck really isn't asleep – I just didn't get a great picture!Chuck, Ginny & Tommy Jan2013

Yesterday was a day of good-byes. We loved and hugged on Reagan before we set out for doctor's appointments – blood pressure checks for both of us and I had an eye exam follow-up. Once those were out of the way, we said our good-byes to Jason & Lindsay and headed down the road to my parents'.

“Good-bye” has become a nasty word in our house. :)

The alarm went off at 4:50 this morning. I know!! But, I had to get Randy to the airport for his 7am flight. It was tough letting him go! I won't be getting home until January 14 and we've never been apart this long in 29 years!

About 10:00am I got a collect call from Randy and it scared me! He missed his connecting flight in Charlotte. The airline had changed the gate and made no announcement. UGH!! Since it was their fault, there was no charge for getting a different flight – thankfully. And we are grateful for our friends, Earl & Becky, who were picking Randy up. I called them immediately and, even though they were on their way already, they turned around and said they'd go back and get him at the later time. We are so blessed with good people around us.

As I write this, I haven't heard from Randy yet, but I'm hoping he arrived safely and that the RV didn't suffer from our not being there.

I have settled in at my parents' and will be their faithful companion for the next several days. :) I am grateful to have the flexibility of being able to change plans at the last minute.

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. A collect call!!! Where was his cell phone?!? haha! Glad everyone is safe. Sorry you had to say goodbye to Reagan but I have it on secret authority that if you "need" Lindsay for any reason she'd get them down to OC fast! Use that knowledge as you see fit. haha!

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete