Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What We've Been Up To . . .

As you can imagine, one of the first things we wanted to do after getting home is seeing the kids. So, Monday morning, after going to the Subaru dealership to co-sign for Kevin's new car, we were off to see Reagan. OOPS! I mean, Lindsay and Reagan!

Oh, my. I was not prepared for the overwhelming emotion that flooded me when we walked in the house and saw Reagan for the first time in four months. Lindsay met us at the door holding Reagan and it was a picture that I will hold in my heart for a very long time. They both looked just beautiful. And, to my great delight, Reagan looked at her Pop and Nana, and a huge grin appeared on her face. Lins had done a wonderful job of preparing the little girl for our arrival.

Of course, the rest of the day was spent with Reagan in my arms; me on the floor playing with Reagan; feeding Reagan her bottles and her dinner; putting Reagan down for her nap - I think you get the idea. Poor Randy wasn't given a lot of time to get close to Reagan. I was a bit of a Reagan-hog.

Later in the day, around dinnertime, Kevin and Mandy came in. Again, emotion overcame me as I put my arms around Kevin for the first time in months. He has come such a long way these last few months and we are so proud of him. It was great to just hug him. He and Mandy had just come from the dealership, so we all had to go out and ooooh and aaaah over the new car. (It really is a great car.)

Now we need to get down and see Chuck, Ginny & Tommy. I'm sure Tommy has grown so much we may not recognize him! We also have to get to Kelly & Kate's house.

So much catching up to do. It's great to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment