Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Midweek Shopping

I met Lindsay at Panera today for a lite brunch before shopping for a joint cookout we're having this weekend. Reagan was at her drama camp, so it was just Lins and I. It's been a long time since just the two of us spent any “real” time together. It was soooo nice. I really enjoy Lindsay and am so grateful that she likes to spend time with me, too. I know that's not often the case with moms and daughters. So, I don't take for granted the relationship we have; I thank God for it.

After a yummy brunch, we set off for Target, Lindsay's favorite store. I am providing the paper products for the cookout, but Lindsay is hosting it, so I wanted to get what she likes. I need to shop with her more often – she is so frugal and gets the best buys. While there I also picked up a couple of Christmas presents! All due to Lindsay's eagle eye in spotting good stuff for an inexpensive price.

I'll admit it. I'm a buyer, not a shopper. Shoppers save a lot more money than buyers. Lindsay is definitely a shopper. So, I'm taking her with me when I do the rest of my Christmas shopping. :)

Once we were done at Target, it was time to pick up Reagan at camp. She didn't know I would be there, so it was fun to see her face when she spotted me. I gotta say, there is nothing like having your granddaughter light up when she sees you and then launch herself into your arms. I'll never get enough of that!

I had one more stop to make to pick up a present for Kelly. Her family is coming for a cookout on Sunday and we hadn't given Kelly her birthday gifts yet. Hey, we're only a month late! The three of us got that done and then, it was lunch time!

We went to CiCi's Pizza for lunch. Reagan likes it there and it's CHEAP! :) Lunch done, it was time to take me back to my truck and say good-bye.

Gotta love my girlies.

The rest of the day has been spent with Randy at the RV, in the A/C. This heat is horrible and I know we don't have it as bad as the south. Between the humidity and the heat, it's hard to get motivated.

I hear thunder as I write this. Maybe we'll get a nice storm and the humidity will ease up. One can hope, can't one???????

Until the next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day with Lindsay!
    Hey after the heat gets to a certain point, hot & humid is unbearable anywhere.
    take care and stay "cool"
    Mike & Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by my blog...will follow your adventures so stay safe, be happy
    wayne

    ReplyDelete