Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, December 23, 2011

The Holiday Festivities Begin

Wednesday evening we went to dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We asked Jim & Ellie to join us and they did. We decided to try a new-to-us restaurant, Sea & Steak, in Loxley which is about 15 miles north of us. The decision to go there was based on us having a coupon – isn't that romantic! :) But, we hadn't ever heard anything bad about it, so we figured, what the heck.

Well, it was with a bit of trepidation that we entered the restaurant because there was ONE car in the parking lot. Of course, it was a Wednesday and just 5:30pm . . . Anyway, the four of us soldiered on and decided how bad could it be. The reason there was only one car in the lot? BECAUSE THE PLACE WAS EMPTY!! Oh, excuse me. There was a waitress and a cook. So, we weren't totally alone!

The four of us giggled a bit and sat at a table (the waitress graciously allowed us to choose wherever we wanted!). We ordered our meals – fried shrimp for me; ribeye steak for Randy; Jim ordered the seafood platter; and Ellie had the grilled chicken sandwich.

The food was GREAT!

What a pleasant surprise. All of us were more than satisfied with our selections. And, of course, the company was good, too. Thanks, Jim & Ellie, for taking a chance and celebrating with us!

Yesterday was the Jubilee Pickers' annual Christmas gathering. We met at Mike & Kathy's ranch (where Randy & I celebrated Thanksgiving) for our usual morning of music

Pickers Christmas gathering Jim, Herb & Gayle

and then we had a potluck meal.

Lots of good food! Everyone's ready to eat

It was a bittersweet day for me as it was my last session with the Pickers for this season. What a fine group of folks they are.

We had nothing on the calendar today – nothing. Very unusual lately. So, Randy decided we needed to go out to breakfast. Who am I to argue with my husband? :) On our way to IHOP, we stopped at a local discount shoe store so I could pick up a pair of decent sneakers. I figured I'll be on my feet quite a bit once we start working, so I need a good pair of shoes. Found a pair of New Balance; paid more than I wanted, but they were still on sale. So, I bought them. Then, it was on to a yummy breakfast. Afterward, we took the scenic route home through Daphne, Fairhope and Point Clear. It's a lovely drive, with beautiful homes that sit on Mobile Bay.

Tonight we went Christmas caroling! I love to sing and caroling is usually so much fun. And it was!Randy even went. A bunch of us met at the clubhouse and walked through the campground, singing as we went. The weather has turned chilly again, so it felt like Christmas. A great way to start Christmas weekend.

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment