Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Picking Out the Christmas Tree AND Setting It Up

We had a fun morning with Missy and the kids. We went to IHOP for their delicious pancakes (pumpkin for me and carrot cake for Randy - again!) and then headed for a local nursery to pick out a Christmas tree for them.

This nursery had some beautiful trees; very full and TALL! They had a section for 9
foot trees! I don't think I've ever seen anyone have a 9 foot tree in their home. Missy & the kids picked out a great 7 foot tree. Randy got it secured in the back of the truck and we head back to the house to set it up.

Setting it up was interesting. It took Randy, Missy, Tara and MacKenzie to get it positioned exactly the way Missy wanted it. It looks great, though. And, I'm sure once it's decorated it will be just lovely.

Boy, it's been a long time since we've gone and picked out a Christmas tree! Even before we were living on the road, we hadn't bought a live tree in about 18 years.
Kev is allergic to the pine sap, so once we figured that out, it was a fake tree for us. In some ways, it was so much easier. But, I always felt a little sad that my kids didn't get that experience each year because one of my best memories from my childhood was picking out the Christmas tree. It was my daddy's and my job - we'd go to the lot and pick out the best one and bring it home. When I think back on those outings, I always smile. My daddy and me; I loved it.

Here's a pic of our beautiful nieces and nephew. From left to
right, it's MacKenzie, Tara and Patrick.

Another great day in our lives. Spending time with family and each other. Folks, it just doesn't get any better than this. Hope you've had a fantastic Thanksgiving celebration, too! Until the next time . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment