Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, March 14, 2008

There But by the Grace of God . . .

Yesterday the Jubilee Pickers performed at Robertsdale Nursing Home. Since I've been with the Pickers, this is the fourth nursing home we've visited. What a wonderful ministry this is – it is such a joy to play for these folks. They are so appreciative and fun! But, surprisingly, it's how I feel when I leave that is amazing. You know the old saying – it's better to give than to receive. Well, you want to experience that adage? Just visit the folks in a nursing home. You will walk away with your heart bursting with love, joy, and gratitude. If you don't, then something's wrong with you!


As I talked to each person after our performance, touching them, thanking them, it came to me that I could be looking at my future. You never know what God has in store for you and I could be sitting in one of those wheelchairs or beds. I pray it doesn't happen, but who knows? And, if I am in that situation someday, I sure hope there are groups that come to visit me.


A highlight of the visit was a sweet old lady who yodeled for us!! Yes, she did. I had watched her singing along with us and then her nurse asked how long it had been since we'd heard someone yodel. Well, I figured she was talking about herself. Nope! She wheeled this lady into the middle of the room and that wonderful lady proceeded to sing and yodel. What fun. And she sure enjoyed it, too. I hope I have that much spunk when I'm her age.


This weekend I'm going to have lots to share with you. Tonight we're going to a rodeo!! I am SO excited. I have never been to a rodeo and have always wanted to go. So, I'm going! I hope to get lots of pictures for you; I don't know, though, 'cause my camera doesn't do well at night. We'll see.


Tomorrow we're going to the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival. This is the event last year where those really cool pelicans were exhibited. The weather is supposed to be superb – sunny and 80 degrees. YAY!!


Hope your weekend is shaping up to be a fine one. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment