Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, March 31, 2008

It's Hard to Leave . . .

Today's the day. It started at 5:15 with me in the laundry room. Yes, that's 5:15 AM. I have found that when I do laundry early on Monday morning I do not have to fight for the machines. I have the whole place to myself. It's early, but then I am done for the week, which is very nice.


The rest of the day was spent doing chores to get us ready to pull out tomorrow. Randy spent the day outside putting things into the basement (yes, we have a basement – don't laugh!) and checking tires. He found that two of the tires on the rig were, for all intents and purposes, flat. He was pretty puzzled as to why that happened when the other two were fine, but we're hoping there's nothing wrong with them and he'll check them again in the morning.


I spent the rest of the day inside; cleaned the bathroom, put away pictures, began storing things for travel and shredded a whole BUNCH of financial papers. I hate shredding, but it's a necessary thing nowadays.


We went out to dinner with Dick & Pat to Cici's Pizza which is a buffet pizza place. It's cheap and decent pizza. When we got home, we walked around the park to say our good-byes. It's hard to leave; we've made such good friends here. This has definitely become our home away from home.


Tomorrow we're going to breakfast with Ron & Ruth and Dick & Pat for one last get together. Then, it will be time to hitch up and pull out. Florida here we come.


Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment