Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

We're in Florida

After a great breakfast with good friends, Randy and I pulled out of Rainbow Plantation and headed east. We had a very easy drive along US Route 90 for our first stop in Florida, Sunset King Lake Resort in DeFuniak Springs. We arrived without mishap (praise God for his traveling mercies) around 2:30pm.


Sunset King Lake Resort is a membership park, but allows nonmembers 2 nights through Passport America. The park sits on a lake, hence the name, and most folks are long-term campers, with many park model homes here as well. I think we're in a fairly new section because the sites in this area are larger than those in the front of the park. And I'm grateful for that 'cause the other sites are quite close to one another. Gotta be chummy to camp in those! Otherwise, it seems to be a nice park with lots of winter activities.


We're going to have a visitor today. Bob Hampton, the fellow who publishes FiftyPlus, the magazine that I write for, is always in and out of this area. So, when he found out we were going to be here for a couple of days, he asked if we could get together. Of course, I said yes! I am looking forward to meeting him since we have talked so often on the phone over the past few months. I'll let you know how it goes.


Tomorrow we'll break camp and head for Suwannee Valley RV Park in White Springs. We'll be there for four days so I'm hoping to do a little exploring. I know I haven't had a lot to share with you all this winter, as far as sight-seeing goes, maybe I can rectify that soon.


Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:25 AM

    Be sure to see the antique tractor and engine show at the Stephen Foster State Park in White Springs this friday and saturday. It is great and is free with park admission!

    ReplyDelete