Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Routine

Yes, it's been a week since my last post. Since we've gotten back from our brief trip to Alabama not much has been going on, just our usual routine. And that just doesn't seem to be exciting enough to write about.

I know many folks write every day – and I did, too. But, as I've said before, if I'm bored writing it, I can't imagine how bored you'd be reading it!! And I really write it for Randy & me, as a journal of these years on the road. Don't get me wrong, I love, love that you read our blog!! But, even if you didn't, I would still write it. Thus, my philosophy of writing what interests me. :)

Okay, back to this last week. We have fallen into a routine. Sundays, of course, is about church and worship. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are our days off and we just do whatever comes to mind, or nothing, if that works. Tuesday mornings, though, do find me back at church for a women's Bible study; and then Wednesday evenings I'm back there again for choir. Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays are work days. Well, work half-days since Randy & I only work to noon and 1pm respectively.

When we first got to the park in January, our days seemed to crawl by. We were a little concerned because we were going to be here for four months and if that was the way time was going to go, it was going to be a looonnggg four months. However, that has changed as we've gotten into a routine. The days slip by and we are enjoying them.

As a matter of fact, we like being here so much, that we've agreed to do it again next winter! You heard it here first, folks. After some discussion between ourselves and then with Andy & Alicia, the owners of the park, we will workamp here at Florida Springs RV again, starting December 1 and continue through April 30. Working one more winter will really help the savings account stay healthy. :) It's no longer starving now, but really wants to be fat!

Andy & Alicia will graciously allow us to have some time at Christmas to go home for the holidays. That was the only sticking point for us. After not going home this past Christmas (the only time that has happened in the more than seven years as full-timers!), I declared that would not happen again. I know. Many of you do not go “home” for Christmas, but for me that was a real sacrifice. So, thankfully, we won't have to do that again this year.

This coming week shapes up to be about the same as usual. Tomorrow night we are going out to dinner with the choir to celebrate the music pastor's birthday. We're taking a bus trip to Panama City, about an hour or so south of here. Captain Anderson's is a well-known restaurant in this area, so we're looking forward to the meal and the company.

So, that's how we're spending our days. It's a good life. I'm grateful for each day.

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Captain Andersen's is great! Wish I was going with ya'll!!

    Donna

    nana.donnad@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete