Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

This and That

Lame title for the post, I know. ;) But, trying to come up with titles can be tough when the post contains more than one topic. So, there ya go.

As I mentioned in Monday's post, on Tuesday Randy & I joined the choir for dinner in Panama City Beach at Captain Andersen's, a well-known local restaurant.

Captain Andersen'sInteresting decorCrowded restaurant

There were more than 20 of us who rode together on the church bus, with several others meeting us at the restaurant. It was so nice for Randy to just sit back and let someone else do the driving. He was able to look around at the scenery and just relax. And considering the drive was almost an hour and a half, he had plenty of time to relax. :)

We had a lovely evening. Randy was able to meet some of the folks I've gotten to know through choir and the women's Bible studies that I attend. And I was able to get to know them a bit better as well. The meal was very good, too!

Wednesday we decided to take drive to Dothan with Forrest & Gail, who workamp with us. We really enjoy their company. There was no real agenda, other than breakfast. :) Since Forrest was driving, we put him in charge of picking the restaurant – he could choose from Denny's, IHOP, or Cracker Barrel. And CB was the winner! You know we didn't fight that decision. :)

After filling ourselves to the brim, the next stop was the tobacco shop. Gail makes her own cigarettes like Randy does, so they purchased their “supplies” for the next month or so. Yes, I know Randy should quit smoking. But, he has no desire, so I say nothing. Wouldn't help. But, I'm grateful that, with the cost of cigarettes now, he takes the time to make his own which saves of hundreds of dollars per year. Gotta be grateful for that.

Our next stop was Camping World. Have you ever known an RVer to pass by Camping World without stopping? Anyway, Forrest & Gail needed a light bulb. We ended up taking home a new outside mat.

From there, we stopped at WalMart (what's a day out without a stop at WalMart!) so Randy & I could pick up a small humidifier.

Then, we all decided we'd spent enough money, so home we went. It was a nice day out with new friends.

Today was our Monday. Randy started working at 8am, and I followed at 9am. The morning went quickly and all of a sudden it was noon and Randy was off work. He brought me some lunch 'cause I work 'til 1pm and was then going to do laundry. I was finally finished with the laundry about 3:30 and I headed for home.

Oh, I'm getting my exercise in, too. About 4 times a week, I join at least one other woman at the clubhouse for about 45 minutes to an hour of walking exercise. Don't laugh until you've tried it. Check out Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home video series. It's a good workout. But, I'll admit it, I do miss Curves. I'll be happy to get back to that when we get to Pennsylvania. Until then, Leslie is my tormentor, er, friend. :)

That's it for now. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment