Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, May 03, 2012

More Visiting

Last evening our niece, Tara, called to invite me to join her and her friend, Jessica, while they got their nails done. After being sure they didn't mind having an old lady hanging with them, I quickly said yes. I love spending time with Tara; she is a sweetheart and a lovely young woman.

I had no intention of having my nails done, but once I was in the salon, I caved. :) I'm not much of a girly-girl, but I do love getting a manicure.

When we were all finished, we decided to go out to dinner. After much discussion, in which I had not much to say 'cause I didn't know what was in the area, Tara and Jessica decided on an Italian place that was in the same shopping center as the nail salon. We had a nice meal which lasted a couple of hours! It was fun chatting with the girls and getting to hear about their lives.

We had nothing planned this morning, which was nice. I had a headache for most of the day, but got myself out and walked a little bit. I made Randy go with me, too! :)

This afternoon we had made plans to visit with one of Lindsay's high school buddies who has settled in this area with his family. Glenn was a nice kid and has grown up into a wonderful young man. He is married and has two adorable kids. He recently opened a wine shop called Johns Creek Wine & Crystal.

Johns Creek Wine Shop - Glenn

If you're in the Cumming/Alpharetta/Johns Creek area, be sure to stop in.

After we had made our purchases at the wine shop, we followed Glenn to his house so we could meet his wife, Jen and his adorable kids, Zach & Emsley.

Glenn, Jen, Zach & Emsley LaForce

His family is just lovely. It's so wonderful to see the kids who hung out at your house grow up and have families of their own.

From Glenn & Jen's we made our way to Tara's house. She invited us for dinner,which was so sweet. Aaron was not at home, but she made us a delicious dinner and we enjoyed spending time with her.

Not sure what's happening tomorrow. We don't have anything planned, but that's not a bad thing. :)

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment