Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Gearing Up

We had a very quiet 4th of July yesterday, staying at home and cool in the A/C. I made us breakfast and we just relaxed all day. Late in the afternoon I made cheddar chicken pasta for dinner and we relaxed some more. :) Like I said, very quiet.

And it's probably a good thing we've had a quiet couple of days because the next few are won't be. With just a few weeks left here in PA, we're trying to catch some time with a few folks we haven't yet seen.

Today I spent most of the day with a couple of women from my days on staff with the youth ministry at Grace Community Church. Amy and I met at Jen's house and spent about three hours just gabbing. Amy was a youth leader and Jen was a youth back then! Jen is all grown up now with four kids of her own. We didn't have much to actually “catch up” on because we keep up with each other via Facebook. But, it was so nice to actually be together, face-to-face, instead of virtually. Thanks, Amy and Jen, for interrupting your schedule to spend time with me!

Tomorrow Randy & I are supposed to meet up with John & Bridget, an RVing couple whose blog we follow, but haven't met in person. We're really looking forward to that.

Saturday is Randy's day to catch up with a buddy from his working days with the federal government. It's not often that Randy goes off on his own and I have a day to myself, so I'm kinda looking forward to the quiet time. It's usually me who's off and running and Randy who gets time to himself.

Sunday we have friends coming to town to visit with their kids, but we're going to grab some time with them, too.

So, as you can see, we've got some busy days ahead of us. Next week's calendar is filled up, but it's early yet! :)

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. You guys have fun with family and friends!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete