Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blowin' in the Wind . . .

OMG!!! The wind, she is ablowin'!! Yes, it's about 4:30 in the morning and I'm up posting an entry on the blog. That tells you just how hard the wind is blowing. AND I've been up since about 2:30 listening to it.

There I was sleeping, blissfully unaware of anything, when I heard our antenna whipping around above our bedroom. Whew! It sounded like it was gonna come down any minute. Well, I laid there trying to go back to sleep and when that wasn't happening, I got up and wound the antenna down, and laid back down figuring that would solve the problem. Well, then I started thinking . . . what if the satellites have blown over????? So, I got back up and looked out the back window to be sure they were still standing, and they were. YAY! THAT would not have been pretty.

By this time, I was wide awake, but I hoped that I could get back to sleep. NOT! Randy was awake by this time and decided to go out for a smoke. That got Blackie up and moving. So, here I am, writing to you.
This is by far the fiercest wind we have encountered since we've been on the road. I thought it was rough in South Dakota when we were there in 2006, but I understand this is not unusual in South Texas. Oh, well, I'm sure it won't last long . . . hopefully.

Just thought I'd share. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment