Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Just Another Day in the Life . . .

Yesterday was such an ugly day, weather-wise, Randy and I just relaxed at home, catching up on some DVD watching. I also started a new cross-stitch project. It was a great day to be all cozied up in our little home on wheels.

Today was a much busier day for me. Randy hung out at home and I was on the move from 8:40 am on. I had Jubilee Pickers, one of the dulcimer groups I belong to and then a dulcimer lesson at 2pm. Very busy for me. I am really enjoying all that I'm learning on the dulcimer and the groups I belong to are made up of some wonderful people.

This evening we attended a park dinner at the clubhouse. There's a new cook this year and he is fantastic! Dinner was salad, roast chicken, dressing w/gravy, green beans, dessert and drink. And it was only $5.00 a person! Can't beat that. Randy even was pleasantly full and you KNOW how hard it is to fill him up! Plus, we get to eat with all of our friends!

Tomorrow promises to be a little slower. I have a meeting for the upcoming Mardi Gras activities and then we are going out to dinner to a local seafood place. Dick & Pat say it's a great place to eat. It's right on the river; not sure if that's where our dinner will come from, but I guess we'll find out! :)

Just wanted to give you a sample of a day in our life. Not too bad, is it? Granted, it's not the lifestyles of the rich and famous, but we're pretty content. Can't beat a life where you get to pick and choose what you do each day and where you want to do it. We thank God each day for how He has blessed us. We hope that you can say the same.

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Sounds like a great lifestyle! I'm glad you included a "normal" day or two in addition to the sightseeing activities. I enjoyed reading it.

    Glad to hear Randy got a full meal, I worry he's not getting enough to eat.

    Winterville, NC

    ReplyDelete