Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Busy, busy Sunday

Isn't Sunday supposed to be a day of rest?!?!?!?? Well, not around here; at least, not for me today! :) But, it was a fun busy, so that's always good.

We started off with church at 9am. Once again, it was a great message. One that I need to hear over and over - loving my enemies. I constantly need reminding about leaving my judgmental attitude at the foot of God. He's the only Judge Who matters. I left church feeling very convicted. This is an area of my life that I need to continue to bring before the Lord and ask Him to keep my focus on Him and not on others.

Okay, enough confessions! :) Now on to the rest of the day.

Got home from church and got something to eat and relaxed for a bit before it was time to head over to the clubhouse for the Sunday afternoon dulcimer group. We play each Sunday afternoon for about 2 hours. Apparently this group got started because the women were tired of watching their men watch football! :) We had a great group today; about five new gals showed up.

When I got back to the rig, I had to go over to Pat's to discuss our registration for a dulcimer festival we're going to in March. Had to make plans about food purchases
and hotel accommodations. Got that done and it was time to head back to the clubhouse.

Tonight was Soup Night at the clubhouse. About 20 folks prepared homemade soups and, for $3/person, people could sample as many of the soups as desired. All of the money went to the Veterans' Children's Home. We did this last year, too. It was a great night. All of the soups looked great, but my favorite
was a cream of potato soup. Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . I love anything with a cream base! :)

To start the evening off, however, there was entertainment. Well, that's what WE
called it. I'm not sure what the audience thought! The Chenilles is a group of women who dress in their pj's, robes and slippers and perform songs that relate to the event. Tonight, we sang "Some Soup" to the tune of "Somewhere" from West Side Story. It was a hoot. Of course, the whole point is that we don't sing all that well. And, as you can tell from the picture, we don't too good, either! :)

Our evening ended with the weekly Ice Cream Social. I was good - I had sherbet. After all that creamy soup, I figured it was the least I could do!

Tomorrow I have my first dulcimer gig! Jubilee Pickers are performing for the Gulf Shores Christian Center fundraiser. Apparently, it's fairly informal. And they are going to feed us! What a deal. I'll let you know how it goes.

The next couple of weeks promise to be busy ones. Between dulcimer practices and Mardi Gras meetings and events, we'll be on the go. I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures to share.

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment