Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, June 05, 2009


Well, we didn't get to go for our drive to Eureka Springs today. We had to take Blackie to the vet. He's been favoring his front left paw for a couple of days and this morning he wouldn't even walk on it. When out for his morning walk with Randy, he was hopping and walking on three legs. So, we needed to get him checked out.

While on our way to breakfast at Billy Gail's Cafe, I called the vet and was able to get Blackie an appointment at 10:40 this morning. So glad they had an opening because they are not open on Saturdays and we were very concerned about having to wait until Monday for him to be looked at.

Dick & Pat, Randy & I thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast at Billy Gail's Cafe. As you drive past this place, you would never imagine actually stopping! There are two buildings that look like if you blow on them, they'll fall over! But, when Randy & I drove by it yesterday on the way to Castle View, the place was PACKED!! I'm talking cars parked on the side of the road. We figured we had to try it out. So, we did; and let me tell you - while the prices were a bit steep for breakfast, I thought; the food was delicious. And if you ever go there and order pancakes, PLEASE only order one (unless you eat like Randy). The pancakes are almost crepe-like and very tasty, but they are HUGE, at least the size of a 10 or 12 inch skillet. I think I heard the bottom of the car dragging along the road as we drove home. :)

Once we got home, we got Blackie and headed back out to the vet. We really liked Dr. Allphin, he took a lot of time with us and was very informative. Blackie so hates to have his feet messed with, so he was not a happy camper. He had to be held down by the nurse while the doctor flushed out the wound to be sure there was nothing stuck in his paw. That was it. We were given an antibiotic as the doctor thought there was the start of an infection. Now all it has to do is heal.

Back home, it was time to chill. I got the spaghetti sauce and meatballs into the crockpot for our dinner this evening. Pat came over and we played our dulcimers for about an hour and a half. That felt good. I hadn't touched my dulcimer since Tucson!

I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner with a salad and garlic bread. It was yummy! Dick & Pat joined us. Later we had ice cream and berries for dessert at their place. Perfect way to end the day. :)

Looks like there'll be no pictures on the blog until we leave here. The signal just isn't strong enough to upload pics. I'll put them on Webshots once we get a stronger signal and let you know. Or maybe I'll do a picture blog post one day! :)

Tomorrow we plan to take that drive to Eureka Springs - hopefully.

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Hey girlfriend - boy, aren't you just the traveler this last year!! I was just looking around your site and didn't realize all the places you have been! BTW, Happy Belated last month birthday! Sounds like it was a great one! Looks like all the family is doing well - so glad!!
    Take care,
    Debbie Domer