Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Getting Back to a Routine and Some GREAT News

This morning I got myself out to Curves first thing this morning. It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to exercise after being away from it for just a few days. But, I did it.

Randy stayed home and relaxed today. I headed over to Lindsay's to hang with Reagan this morning. Lins had something she needed to do and asked if I'd keep Reagan for a bit. Of course, I said yes.

My mom is still here and she was ready for some down time since we ran her around all day yesterday. :) So, Reagan and I left her at home while we went to the movies. We were going to go play at a park, but it was too daggone hot to do that.

Our local Regal Cinemas has free family movies on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. It's the greatest thing! They are totally free – even for adults. AND you're allowed to bring in your own food, too. Reagan and I saw The Cat in the Hat with Mike Myers. It was pretty good. The best part was spending time with Reagan. She is so much fun!

Back at Lindsay's after the movie, we found that Lins had gotten home. So, we got some lunch and I stayed for awhile visiting with my mom.

Once I was home, I sat myself in my recliner and started watching some of the programs that had been recorded while we were in North Carolina. However, I soon found myself napping! Randy was upstairs “watching” his programs. Yeah, he was napping, too. :) We both napped for a couple of hours. It's been awhile since we've done that. But, it sure felt good.

The best part of the day came late this afternoon in a phone call. Kevin was calling from Bangor, Maine! He is back home on American soil!! I've heard his voice and seen him via Skype over the past year while he was deployed to Iraq, but somehow his voice sounded stronger and closer when he called today. Of course, I cried and of course he laughed at me. But, I don't care. In a few hours, Kevin will be back at Fort Riley and home with Sara.

Tonight Randy & I are giving thanks to God for His protection of Kevin while he was in Iraq. We are grateful for his safe return and continue to pray as he transitions back to life in the states. But, it makes me so aware of those who do not have their loved ones back home, so continue to pray for those families.

Until the next time . . .

3 comments:

  1. Praise God!! Oh Terry I am so so happy that Kevin is "home." What wonderful news!! His voice was stronger because he was closer....really close.

    Sleep well tonight knowing your son is home.
    Hugs,
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has gifted you guys with a most precious gift. Your sons safe return, we pray for all the men & women who are in harms way so we can enjoy our freedom, Tell you son a "Hearty Well Done" from this old Navy flier. He can now resume a great future with his family. God Bless you all. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so very happy to hear that Kevin home. Enjoy seeing all your kids and grandkid! I assume you'll get to see Kevin and Sara?
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete