Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Just a Normal Day

Today was very normal. And I liked it. :)

The first thing we did was walk the dogs. I am not used to having to do that. Randy's always been the one to walk Blackie. But, when we dog sit, I have to get in on the act, too. Not my favorite thing to do, but hey. You do what ya gotta do.

Next thing on the agenda was laundry, this being Thursday. So, I headed over to Lindsay's. They had left this morning for their weekend at the beach. Boy, was it quiet. Just the hum of the washer and dryer and the TV. No Reagan hollering, “Nana, come here!” I missed that.

But, I got the laundry done, even though it seemed to take forever. Even though it was three loads, I guess they were bigger loads than I realized. That's the nice thing about doing laundry at laundramats or campground laundry rooms – there are several machines and you get it done in a short period of time.

I had one more errand before I could go home. Bolt was prescribed an antibiotic yesterday, but because of the power outage Target couldn't fill it. So, I stopped at Target on the way home and picked that up. Now, I was done with my chores for the day.

We are still dealing with severely hot weather here in PA, just like the rest of the East Coast. You break out in a sweat just walking from the air conditioned car to the air conditioned RV. Ugh. But, there may be some relief this weekend 'cause there's rain in the forecast. I sure hope so. We need the rain AND the cooler temps.

Lots of you have never met our son, Kevin. He just got back from deployment to Iraq. His wife, Sara, sent me a picture of him in some new civilian duds she'd bought for him. He looks great to me – a little thin, but wonderful. So good to see that smile and know he is safely ensconced with Sara at Ft. Riley, Kansas. Thought I'd share the picture with you.

Kevin - home from Iraq

And that's it from Pennsylvania. Hope you're staying cool wherever you are. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment