Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, July 04, 2010

The Weekend Wrap-up

We left Winterville about 7:35 Friday morning, beginning our seven hour trip home. Gratefully, it was an uneventful trip and we pulled into the campground about 3:45pm. Oh, it was good to be home!!

The campground was holding a fireworks display Friday night, so Jason, Lindsay & Reagan came over. They brought pizza for dinner which was wonderful 'cause I sure wasn't gonna cook after traveling for eight hours. :) We had a fun evening of catching up after being away from each other for a couple of weeks. The fireworks display was a great way to end the night.

Yesterday my sister, Paula, and her husband, Lou, held their annual 4th of July picnic.

Lou (in the red hat) making sure folks are having funLou playing host

Paula’s making the rounds (in the red shirt)P1120063

They do a fantastic job of making everyone feel welcome in their home. The weather really cooperated, too. There was a fabulous breeze and there were huge tents set up for shade.

Lou & Paula's 4th of July picnic

There was enough food for twice the number of people who came.

Wonder if there's enough food . . . Yummy desserts

Lots of fun and folks. Just the way a picnic should be.

P1120059 P1120062 Randy & Daddy

My mom came home with us from Paula's to spend a few days with us and Lindsay. She wants to explore the Lancaster area a bit as she hasn't been there for years. It was fun to have her spend the night with us last night and experience a little of the RV lifestyle. :)

This morning we were lazy. We moved slowly and didn't go to church. I just enjoyed having my mom here. I took her for a ride around the campground, introducing her to the owners and some of the folks we know.

This afternoon we went to Lindsay's for a cookout/eat-in. It was just too dang hot to eat outside! After a lazy afternoon, we went for ice cream and then Randy & I headed home. My mom will be staying with Lindsay for the next couple of nights.

All in all, it's been a good weekend. Very glad to be home and sleeping in our own bed. Tomorrow we'll spend the day with Lindsay, Reagan and my mom. Who knows what we might get into!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment