Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

End of the Season Party

Each year the staff of Frog Creek Campground puts on an end of season party for the campers. It's a very big deal and there is no expense to the campers! Last year the theme was a luau and, from what we understand, it was phenomenal! This year's theme was "Down on the Bayou."

The staff was great - all dressed up in bib overalls, straw hats and fishin' poles. They entered to Jerry Reed's "Amos Moses," with some of the work campers dressed as folks in the song! I've posted some pictures here for you to see, the rest are on our Webshots website.

A caterer was brought in to feed us good, down home cookin'. We had sausage and peppers, jumbalaya, chicken in a pineapple/bourbon sauce (at least that's what Judy said), collard greens, slaw, salad, biscuits, corn bread, and bread pudding. And all of it was very tasty!

We had a band called The Porchdogs playing for the entire afternoon. They were fun. One of the campers plays the spoons, so he got up and played with the band for a couple of songs. Then, Janie and Jan, campground manager and assistant manager, got the crowd chanting for me to go up and sing. I was a little skittish about doing that 'cause I only know one song and that's the one I sang at the talent show!! Plus, this was with a REAL band! But, ya gotta give the people what they want - hehehehe - so I got up and sang "Walkin' After Midnight." I have to admit it was really fun. Wouldn't mind doing that more often, but I gotta add to my repertoire - well, I guess I need to get a repertoire! hahahaha

Anyway, it was a fun way to end the season. The park is beginning to empty. Some folks left this morning. Most seem to be leaving through next week. We're glad we have the flexibility to leave when we want 'cause we heard on the news yesterday that there was a 100 mile back up on I-75 going north around 4pm! UGH!


No comments:

Post a Comment