Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, May 04, 2009

A Day of Chores

Today was the "first of the month" chore day. You know, one of those exciting days in the life of a full-time RVer! :) So, first thing this morning, it was off to the bank to get our cash for the month. Check that off the to do list and then it was time to meet Sara at the Visitor Center of Ft. Riley. We had to get a permit to drive on base while we're here.

After we got the permit, we followed Sara to their house. It was laundry time - LOTS of it. We hadn't done laundry in a couple of weeks, so there was a ton to do. It was so very nice of Sara to allow us to do laundry at their house. But, I gotta admit, there is a perk to doing it in a laundry room - you can do several loads at one time, getting it all over with in a couple of hours instead of it being an all day chore.

I also had to go to the grocery and Sara took me to the commissary. Either the commissary is a whole lot cheaper or I just didn't buy too much. At any rate, that chore was taken care of and we went back to Sara's so I could finish the laundry.

The laundry done, Randy & I headed home. Sara was coming a bit later to have dinner with us. We got home, paid for our week at the park and put groceries away. Sara arrived and I started dinner. We had spinach quesadillas tonight. I think Randy & I must be on the mend 'cause we were able to eat them. :)

We're finishing the evening in front of the TV, as usual. Our new DVR arrived, so tomorrow we'll be back on satellite! YAY! Being the TV-holics that we are, we've missed our DVR and all that it gives us. Lame, I know. But, there you are.

More hanging out with Sara tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment