Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Hope all of the moms out there had a great day with their families! I sure did.

My day started with a phone call from Lins and ended with dinner made especially for me at Kevin & Sara's. I had an early Mother's Day present from Gin & Tommy last week - a beautiful charm bracelet with "Nana" on one side of the charm and a sentiment on the other. Lins had sent my cards and present to me at Kevin's - a lovely necklace with "Mom" on one side and a sentiment on the back.

We also had breakfast at Cracker Barrel with Kev & Sara. From there Randy & I went to church. We really enjoyed the service. Of course, it was about moms, but the pastor was very energetic, humorous and shared a good message. We'll go back next week.

Spent the afternoon relaxing at home before going back to Kev & Sara's for dinner. They made us a great meal of steaks from the grill, baked potatoes and mac & cheese (Kev's favorite!). We watched the lates Bond movie and did laundry. Yeah, even on Mother's Day certain chores have to be done. :)

I also made sure I talked to my mom. I love my mom - she is strong, loving woman and I am grateful that God blessed me with her. Thanks for always being there, Mommy!

Tomorrow's my birthday! Yep, I get two days in a row to enjoy extra spoiling. I say "extra" because Randy pretty much spoils me every day. I'm going to have lunch with Sara and then get my monthly mani/pedi. Nothing else planned.

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great Mother's Day and Happy Birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete