Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

We Made It

After a rather agonizing (for me) two day drive, we made it to Junction City, Kansas and are parked at Owl's Nest Campground for the next three weeks. I am soooooo ready to sit for awhile and not feel we have to cram everything into a few days.

The drive was agonizing because I was sick as a dog yesterday. I got into the back seat and slept my way through Colorado and into Kansas. I didn't even get my "welcome to Kansas" picture because I was sleeping. Ugh. I hate being nauseous; plus I had a headache on top of it. Not fun.

We spent the night at a rest stop somewhere along I-70 in Kansas. Randy was exhausted because he was just coming off this stomach bug. We both slept for the better part of 10 hours last night. We NEVER do that!

Got back on the road around 8:30 and, with a couple of stops, got to the campground around 12:30ish. After doing the most of the inside set-up routine, I called Sara to let her know we had arrived and told her I was feeling pretty yucky and would check back with her by 5pm. Then, I went to bed. I slept for a couple of hours and woke up feeling a bit better.

Sara came over this evening and we grabbed some subs and brought them back to the rig. Actually, Sara and Randy got subs, I got some chicken noodle soup. Not ready to put a sub in my tummy just yet. We spent the rest of the evening chatting and Sara got a phone call from Kev while she was here, so we all talked to him, too.

Now, it's time for bed. Got a big day tomorrow - bank, groceries, laundry - all those first of the month things. Well, we do go to the grocery and do laundry more often than that, but you know what I mean.

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO sorry you're feeling sick!! Being nauseous is the absolute worst. Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete