Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Catching Up - Part I

It's been almost a week since I've posted and that's very unusual for me! But, this has been a most unusual few days for us. So, I'm going to try to catch you up on what's been happening, but I'm going to take a couple of posts to do so - otherwise this would be a very long post.

Going back to last Thursday night; we had visitors show up at 11pm! Yes, 11PM. Our son, Kevin and his wife, Sara with their three dogs came from Kansas to stay for a week or so. I haven't been able to say anything prior to their coming because Kevin wanted to surprise the family. With his deployment at the end of August, he wanted to see family before that happened. They drove the entire 19 hours straight through. Oh, to be young and dumb, er, I mean, full of energy again. :)

Anyway, we knew they would be late and we were prepared for them. We weren't quite sure just how we were going to accommodate four adults and four dogs in the RV, but figured we could put up with anything for a few days.

You might remember from my posts back in May when we visited Kev & Sara, that their dogs are rather large, at least two of them are. But, it's been working out rather well.

On Friday, we had a cookout at Lindsay's. She had never "met" the dogs and I couldn't wait to see Reagan's reaction to them! It was a fun evening. I loved having them all together. It will be a couple of years before it happens again.

Saturday was the 4th of July and we all went to my sister's for their annual picnic. Lou and Paula always put on a great party with plenty of food, fun and friends. This year was no different. Everyone was happy to see Kev & Sara, of course, and it didn't take anytime to get back into the usual craziness that is my family. It's wonderful.

Well, this is enough for one post. I'll do another soon. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment