Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Very Full Day

What a day! I left home this morning at 8am and didn't get back until close to 8pm!! It's been awhile since that's happened.

My first stop this morning was Curves. It's nice to be back at my "home" club, especially when everyone makes a big deal about me being back! :) Once done with that chore, I head over to the nail salon to get a badly needed pedicure. While there, I got a manicure and my eyebrows and lip waxed. I am just gorgeous now. Ha!

The personal pampering over, it was time to do laundry. So I headed over to Lindsay's. She and Jason are kind enough to allow us to do our laundry at their house when we're here. It's so much nicer than a laundramat. The only positive thing about a laundramat is that you get it over quickly. By doing it at Lindsay's, I get to spend time with them. That's a HUGE plus.

Once all the chores were done, it was time for some fun. At least, that's what Lindsay told me it would be! ;) We were going berry picking. We had to go back to the campground to pick up Randy first, though. He had been at the RV all day working. He put up our screen room. I love our screen room!! But, I digress . . .

We headed over to Barefoot Farm. It's raspberry season and that's what we picked - black raspberries. We went more for the experience of berry picking than the actual berries.

Our own special berries
As many of you know, I am not a big fan of hard labor, so I was there more for the enjoyment of watching Reagan experience something new. But, I found myself picking anyway - there were some big berries!

Reagan was very good at pointing out the berries and allowing US to pick them! She found out there were thorns and that made her a little leery of picking. We picked a couple of boxes and were ready to go.

This is a neat farm. They have different fruits and vegetables for picking all year long. The next big event is pumpkin picking this fall. Lins said they will definitely be back. The couple who owns the farm seem like neat folks.

After all that hard work (yeah, right), we got something to eat at Isaac's, a deli restaurant that has very good sandwiches. Then, it was back to Lins' to pick up our truck and head home.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh . . . it feels good to have my feet up and relaxing in my recliner.

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment