Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Busy Monday

I woke up this morning feeling much better than I did yesterday – not 100% by any stretch of the imagination, but better. And that was good because I had a couple of things to do today and wasn't sure I'd be able to, given how I felt yesterday.

My Tuesday morning dulcimer group, Jam 'N Folks, had a gig in Mobile this morning. It was what our leader, Mary Anne, likes to call an “eatin' meetin'.” :) The senior adults group of Dauphin Way Baptist Church invited us to their monthly gathering. After a good lunch and a short message from their pastor, we played for about 45 minutes or so. As usually happens at these events, our performance was well-received and the folks were very gracious in their praise. It's always nice to be appreciated and to be asked to come back year after year.

It was a little after 2pm when we got home and I was pretty beat. I headed to my recliner, watched some TV and eventually took a short nap. I woke up in time to get ready for Bible study.

I hadn't been sure if I'd make it to Bible study since I had gone to the gig this morning, but I was feeling okay and really hated to miss. We are doing a Beth Moore video series, so if you miss a session, you really miss the entire lesson. The homework is based on what you learned during the video. So, I went and am glad that I did. I only have one more week with the group and want to get as much as I can out of it.

While I was out this morning, Randy was very productive and mowed our lawn. I was a little surprised when I got home and saw that 'cause it was so warm and humid out. But, he said it needed to be done, so he did it. He didn't have much to do – just the bit of lawn that runs around the side of our rig. Our landlord, Ron, does the bulk of the lawnmowing on his rider mower. However, he can't get right up next to the rig with that, so Randy does the rest. It looks pretty good!

This evening we had something new for dinner; Crockpot Swiss Chicken. It was pretty tasty, but when I make it again, I'll either use more swiss cheese or another stronger tasting cheese, like pepper jack. You had to really dig to taste the cheese in the dish. But, it sure was an easy recipe to prepare, that's for sure. And I love crockpot recipes, especially when it is so warm outside. I hate heating up the inside of the rig by using the oven. So, a crockpot recipe is perfect!

Well, that's all I've got for today. Hope your week is off to a good start. Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment