Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Catching Up and Some Random Pictures

Unfortunately, I brought home a souvenir from SD – a nasty cold! It hit hard Thursday night and isn't letting up. I rallyed a bit yesterday, but it came slamming back this morning. Ugh. Not a happy camper right now. So, I'll just give you a short synopsis of the last few days and share some pictures with you.

Friday was a very lazy day. The only thing we did, well Randy did, was take Blackie to the groomer. He is now ready for summer.

I did get myself over to the laundry room Saturday morning. Even though I wasn't feeling well, I sure didn't want to put that off. It was our big laundry week, where I do sheets and towels in addition to the regular laundry. I got it over with and brought breakfast home from the clubhouse by 8:30 or so. Then, I flopped in the recliner. I was beat. But then . . .

Pam came over about noon to invite us to an impromptu neighborhood jam session and cookout. I wasn't really feelin' it, but I knew I would be sorry if I didn't attempt to play. So, I got myself together and Randy & I went next door. We played for over TWO AND A HALF hours – I couldn't believe it!

Impromptu neighborhood jam session 004

The time just flew by. Then the food was brought out and we enjoyed a meal together. I was so glad I pushed myself to go. It was a fun afternoon.

This morning I woke up feeling worse than I have since I got this cold. YUCK! My ear hurts, my throat hurts, and I just feel cruddy. Needless to say we didn't go to church.

As I write this, Randy is at a Baldwin Pops concert. I was so bummed that I didn't feel up to going. But, he was understanding, as usual. Thankfully, he's got one more concert before we leave, so I'll be able to attend that one.

Here are the random pictures promised. Enjoy! :)

Princess AttitudePrincess attitude 

Mississippi River from the airMississippi River from the air 

We found out where the Easter Bunny lives – in Sioux Falls, SD!!Easter Bunny in Sioux Falls 

Sunrise at Sioux Falls Airport as we were flying outSunrise at Sioux Falls airport

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are sick. LOL when I took my BAR exam in SD I came down with the worst cold of my life. It's all that clean air up there. I sure hope you mend quick....
    OK now the little princess is just too cute for her own good!! To be cherished...
    Get to feeling better SOON!!
    Evielynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to feeling better soon. The jam looks like lots of fun, and I am always ready for food... :)

    ReplyDelete