Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

All Settled In

We left Carthage, MO at 7:40 yesterday morning, with a less than 3 hour drive ahead of us. That seemed like a walk in the park compared to our travels days last week. And it pretty much was.

About 10:30am we pulled into Hillsdale Lake Corps of Engineers Visitors Center, which would be our home until mid-October.

Hillsdale Lake Corps of Engineers Visitors Center

I went into the center to let them know we were here. It was like a tomb! A woman came from the office and I introduced myself as the new workamper. Gail was so welcoming! She was glad for us to be here. Gail and her husband, Denny, are the other workampers here. If our initial meeting is any indication, we'll get along just fine.

Upon getting set up, we quickly found that we have virtually no cell or internet service. UGH!! For those of you who know me well, you know this is akin to cutting off my food source. I am on my computer many hours throughout the day. But, it is what it is and we do have wifi at the Visitors Center. Plus, I'll have to go do laundry once a week, so I'll just take my computer with me and check emails and update the blog then.

I think I'll survive. Guess we'll see in October! :)

So, you'll be hearing from me less often. I hope you can survive. :)

Until the next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. What town is Hillsdale in or near, you may be close to Dardenne Prairie and we can visit. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our native state! When we stayed at Hillsdale last year I'm pretty sure our AT&T service worked fine. If you don't have AT&T you might want to get one of their "pay as you go" phones. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete