Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Unapologetic

I am not going to apologize for more gratuitous grandchild pictures. :) Yes, I know this blog is entitled, “Guiler Travels” not “Guiler Grandchildren,” however our travels have brought us to one of our grandchildren, so there is the connection.

Plus, I figure it's my blog and I can write about whatever I choose! :)

We are enjoying our workamping at the Corps Visitor Center. It's very easy work, at least for me. Randy is doing some manual labor, but I don't think he minds too much. Our ranger, Jim, is a great guy and we have a full hook-up site in the woods. Pretty nice. Again, the only drawback is the lack of service at our site. But, I'm persevering. I get online whenever I'm at the visitor center or we're running errands or visiting with family.

Yesterday was another visit with AubreyLynn. This time Samantha was there, too. Poor Sam was pretty much relegated to the couch as she has sprained some ligaments in her knee and is wearing an immobilizer for a few weeks. Hopefully that will help her heal. So, she was a captive audience. :)

When we arrived, Sam was Skype-ing with Kevin so we got to see him and say hello. That was a nice surprise. In addition to being a mommy, Sam has gone back to college. She's taking five online courses this fall. She's also begun a jewelry business where she gives a portion of her proceeds to Wounded Warrior Project. So, she is a very busy woman!

If you'd like to take a look at Sam's jewelry, click here.

We had a great time playing with AubreyLynn. Sweet baby She was even more at ease with us than last week. I loved it. She is a very happy little one, always smiling. She just rolls with the flow. But, she is a climber! Happy climber If she can get a foothold, she is up and onto whatever is in front of her. Gave me a few starts, I'll tell ya.

Saturday we'll celebrate AubreyLynn's first birthday with the rest of the Kansas family. So be prepared for more pictures! :) Her birthday is actually tomorrow, but the party is Saturday. Sam is going to have a little party with cake for Kevin while on Skype tomorrow. I think that's so cool! He'll get to participate a bit. Technology is wonderful.

Hope life is going well wherever you are. Until the next time . . .

4 comments:

  1. She is just adorable!! Bring on the pics...you have every right to be proud and I, for one, love seeing her smiling face!! :-) Glad you got to see Kevin via Skype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No apology needed…Its YOUR blog. Plus they are great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love seeing pictures of grandchildren. I am the worst one about posting them!!!

    ReplyDelete