Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's Been a Loooooonnnnggg Day

And I mean, LONG! We woke up this morning, at 3:30 AM!!, to some ferocious wind blowing! It was pretty rough. We were going to settle back into bed and try to go back to sleep when Randy remembered we had put the laundry outside! He went to check on it to see if it was still there and all I could picture was my underwear flying around the campground! Wouldn't that be pretty?

Now, I can hear you all thinking, "What the heck was their laundry doing outside anyway"?? Well, you see, we gather up the laundry the night before I'm going to do it and set it outside in the basket so I don't have to haul it out there at 6am and wake up Randy and the neighborhood. The basket is usually pretty heavy and it's easier for Randy to do it than for me. Especially when I'm putting it on the roll cart I use to transport it to the laundry room.

Anyway, thankfully, no underwear was hurt in the making of the windstorm last night. :)

Of course, once Randy had been out in the cold, checking on laundry and also finding that our satellite dish had blown over, he was wide awake. So, he settled in the family room to watch some TV. I tried to go back to sleep, but it wasn't happening. I joined Randy in the family room.

We found out that Good Morning America, weekend edition, comes on at 5am here. So we did have something to watch. :)

After a couple cups of coffee, I decided to go on and get the laundry done. I had four loads in the washers by 6:10am. Not bad. I was on my way back to the rig by 8am with all four loads washed, dried and folded.

The rest of the day has been very lazy, to say the least. I did do some cross stitching, played the dulcimer for about an hour, and walked Blackie around the park. Oh, and I also made dinner and pumpkin bread. I guess I wasn't as lazy as I thought! Randy got the satellite dish back up and running. We both took naps; mine being much shorter than his! :)

How's that for excitement? Bet you're wishing you were here! :) Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. It sure is a tough life isn't it? Well somebody ahs to do it!!! keep on enjoying!!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete