Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Breakfast and Errands

The last couple of days have been about breakfast and errands. Hence, the title. Aren't I creative?? :) Anyway, I started the morning at Curves, even did three extra machines. I'm gonna try to work up to going around the circuit three times instead of two.

Once home, I got my shower and proceeded to sit down to the computer with my first cup of coffee. Daddy & Mommy were going to a doctor's appointment for Daddy so Randy and I were going to just run up to Michael's and WalMart and then hang at home. All of a sudden there was talk about going to breakfast. Well, you know that Randy & I don't pass that up very often. I got myself dressed and we headed out the door.

Daddy's appointment was at 10am; of course, he wasn't seen right away and we didn't get out of there until after 11am! My tummy was beginning to speak to me. Well, Daddy had eaten breakfast so he wasn't hungry. So, we went to WalMart before going to IHOP. By the time we got to IHOP, it was after 12:30!!! I was starving. And you know how frail I am - I was just wasting away. :)

After being revived by pancakes, eggs and scrapple, we continued with our errands: the bank and post office for Mommy; Michael's for me. I was disappointed in the Michael's I went to. They didn't have any cross stitch kits! It's a smaller store so they have opted not to carry them. Ugh! If I'd known that, I would have gone to one that was near the IHOP. Oh, well. Just means I get to go to another one. Michael's is one store I don't mind shopping in.

The rest of the day was spent as usual: on the computer, reading, and watching TV.

This morning Daddy, Randy & I were sent out to breakfast to get out of the way of the cleaning lady. We had another hardy breakfast, then set out on more errands. I needed to go back to WalMart (is there any RVer out there who DOESN'T go to WalMart at least once a week???) to return a couple of shirts I'd gotten yesterday. We got that done, then went to the post office to mail a package to Kevin. Our final errand was at the hospital for Daddy to pick up some test results for Thursday's surgery.

We got back home just as the cleaning lady was finishing up - good timing. Mommy got herself out the door to her Ladies Club card/pizza party she hosts once a month. The three of us were in charge of the house - waiting for the computer guy to come to get Daddy's router hooked up.

John, the computer guy, was very pleasant. And Randy & I felt redeemed that it wasn't our ineptitude that was the problem. :) There was some additional computerese that needed to be done to connect the router to the existing modem that we would never have known how to do.

Daddy is now up and running and playing with his notebook as we speak!

Just finished a good dinner of roast, mashed potatoes, and salad. Now it's time to continue with our exciting day - computer, reading and TV! American Idol starts tonight!!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment