Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Check January Off!

Yep, January 2010 is just about history. I remember when I was about 10 years old, laying on my bed in my room thinking about how old I'd be in the year 2000 - 42!! Gosh, I was gonna be OLD when the new millenium came! HA! Here I am 10 years even further down the road and I still haven't grown up OR gotten old! How little I knew back then. :)

We've had a fairly quiet weekend. Friday was so ugly, weather-wise that we hadn't planned to do much. I did get to Curves in the morning as the rain didn't come in until about 4pm, just in time for Randy to walk over to the clubhouse for his psaltry group! :) But, when the rains started, boy did it rain!!!! Oh, my. Wind, rain, thunder, lightning; we had it all. And it continued throughout the evening and into the night.

Saturday dawned with no rain, but it was chilly. I hit the laundry room first thing and got that out of the way. That evening we went to dinner at Big Daddy's with two other couples. It was a good evening out. And while the food was good as always, as usual, the company was even better. That's how it is with us RVers. :)

This morning it was downright cold when we got up - 34 degrees! Now, I know my friends and family back on the East Coast would laugh at me because they got hit with another snowstorm and bitter cold. But, in my defense, we ARE in the south!! C'mon, what's up with these temps???? Okay, enough whining.

We got ourselves out the door for church. Mike & Gerri followed us to church as we were going to stay for a potluck & business meeting afterward. It was nice having them in church with us. Randy & I believe we may have found a church home in Silverhill Covenant. The preaching is excellent and the members are so friendly. It's funny, after being in nondenominational, contemporary churches for the past 12 years, we find ourselves in a very traditional church. And I like it. This church is traditional without being stuffy and uptight. Not an easy balance, but they have achieved it, I think. I'm looking forward to getting to know these folks better over the next couple of months.

This afternoon Darrell & Judy stopped by to catch up with us. They've been away from the park since before Christmas, too. We had a great visit with them.

We ended our day over at the clubhouse for the ice cream social. It was very well attended tonight, probably close to 100 folks. Always a good time.

Now Randy's up in the bedroom watching TV while I'm in the living room watching the Grammys. Yes, the Grammys. I can't believe it, either, actually. :) I haven't watched this awards show in ages!! But, it's always interesting to see the performances, seems they get more outrageous each year. I'm sure tonight will be no different.

Oh, and thanks to all of you who continue to read my ramblings. The blog has gone over 15,000 visitors in less than a year!

Have a great week! Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment