Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Friends

I just love waking up to sunshine!! Even though the mornings have been cool, the sun is just beautiful and the day warms up nicely. Just love it.

After cleaning the bathroom, I decided to take bike ride through the park. I made the mistake of stopping at the clubhouse to check out the calendar of events for the next week because we have no clue what's happening. I walked into a meeting on the park's Mardi Gras events. Needless to say, I joined the meeting and am now involved in some planning for those events. That's okay - we really enjoy Mardi Gras at the park.

I continued my bike ride after the meeting was over but didn't get far before I stopped at Mike & Gerri's place. We have been following each other's blogs for awhile, but haven't had the chance to meet until today. What a joy this visit was!!! The only bad thing about it was that Randy wasn't with me. I'm not sure how long we sat in their motorhome and chatted, but it just wasn't long enough. :) That's how comfortable we were from the first hug Gerri & I shared. I am so looking forward to getting to know them better over the next month. Unfortunately, they will be leaving at the end of February, but until then, we'll have some good times together, I'm sure.

I finally finished my ride around the park and got back to the rig over two hours after I'd left! I tried to convince Randy that I had been riding the bike all the time, but he didn't buy it. Can't imagine why??!?!?? Hmmmmmmmm . . . think he knows me?

A nice surprise this afternoon was a visit from Bob, one of our neighbors. Bob & Pam have an ERPU site in the park and are one of our music-playing couples. We play in a couple of different groups together. They are good folks. Bob was just coming by to welcome us home. It was so nice of him! Thanks, Bob. You made us feel very special.

We finished our day by going out to dinner with Dick & Pat. This was the first time since we've been back that we've sat across the table from them - just the four of us. We went to a Mexican restaurant, Vallarta's, and it was pretty good. The best part of was being able to spend time with them.

Tonight, Randy has Pops rehearsal. First time since we got back. And I'm watching American Idol. See, we are getting back into our routine. :)

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment