Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Disappointment

The weather was beautiful. Church service was pretty good. All was going well . . . until we got to IHOP. I'd seen that someone on Facebook had gotten pumpkin pancakes the other day. They are soooo good, so I told Randy I wanted to go to IHOP after church.

We pulled into the parking lot and got a space right away. Walked in, put our name on the list; just a 10 minute wait. So far, so good. Our name was called in under 10 minutes. YAY. Got seated and our server was there in less than five minutes. Oh, this is going well.

Ordered pumpkin pancakes. And here is where things went downhill – fast.

NO PUMPKIN PANCAKES!!

What??

I told our server that I had come specifically for them. She was so sweet and apologized. I quickly laughed and said it was not a problem, we'd just have to come back! Later on she came by the table to let us know she'd asked the manager when they'd have pumpkin pancakes and was told October 3. I told her we'd be here! :)

And then I gallantly ate my regular pancakes and eggs. I didn't even complain.

Wouldn't life be great if our toughest problem was no pumpkin pancakes? But, life does sometimes hand us a little more than that, so I sure am glad my God is bigger than all of it and He provides for me. Every time.

Until the next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Oh my gosh, pumpkin pancakes...that sounds delicious! Guess I'll have to pencil in a trip to Ihop soon! After October 3 of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all wish that! LOL Hope you get them soon!

    ReplyDelete