Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, September 06, 2010

Oh, It Was a Three Day Weekend??

When you're retired, all you have is weekend! :) I often say the only way I know what day of the week it is, is to figure out how long ago Sunday was. That's really the only day of the week that is different for us. So, when everyone talks about a three day weekend, it's really just another day for us.

And yes. For those of you who aren't retired yet, I am rubbing it in! :)

We ended up staying at Mill Creek today because the wind was so fierce, Randy was concerned about traveling down the highway. The wind was coming from the south and we'd be traveling west so the crosswinds would have been brutal. We had no plans to be anywhere and the smartest thing to do was stay put. So, we did.

Kansas wind P1120399

As I write this, Randy just came in and said the temps have dropped dramatically. He opened the windows and the air coming in is so refreshing. After the 90* temps today, this is nice.

The only productive thing I did today was laundry. It was truly a chore today. In the hot temps, it was not fun. And there are only two washers and two dryers in the laundry room here, and I had four loads to do. So, it was back and forth several times and it was ugly. But, it's done now for awhile, so that's a good thing.

We'll break camp and move back to Acorns tomorrow. I know, I said that yesterday. But, I mean this time! Really, I do. :)

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. If the pics of those trees blowing in the wind were taken today, then it's a good thing you decided to stay put - even if it was in the laundry room. It's a lot better than having your rig turned over on the highway!

    ReplyDelete