Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas Shopping - DONE!!

YAY!! Cross one more thing off the to do list - my Christmas shopping is done! Not that I had a lot to do, but still, it's shopping! UGH!

Randy & I first went to Cracker Barrel to fortify ourselves for the morning of shopping. We had not been to a CB since we've been in Alabama. I know!! Hard to believe, isn't it? After waddling out of the CB, we hit our first store and didn't stop until we had checked everything off the list. Aaaaahhh, what a feeling. :)

Once home, we had to organize our purchases. Well, that's the royal use of the word, "we." I organized the purchases - most of which were gift cards. And no, that's not a cop out for gifts - they are for our nieces, nephew, and great nieces and nephews. Since most of those get mailed, it's the easiest thing to do. And I truly do think they love receiving them.

The rest of the day was spent . . . yep, you guessed it . . . cross stitching!! I only have three more projects to complete and then you won't be hearing so much about that. I'll still be working on a project of some sort or another, but it won't be with the obsession that I've had this last month or so.

Tomorrow I think we're going into Foley to watch their Christmas Parade and the doings at the park. Then, we'll hit a holiday bazaar at one of the Catholic churches. It's fun to look at all of the creations folks have for sale at those bazaars. Plus, there's usually some good food, too!

Hope your weekend's off to a good start! Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing your shopping!! Mine is done too...I'm just waiting for things that I ordered online. I'm just glad that I ordered some of them so early because they ended up being back ordered. Have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete