Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Mission Accomplished

This morning was errand morning. I had to go to the post office first thing to mail Christmas presents. Of course, when I planned this last week, I had no idea that today is THE busiest shipping day of the Christmas season. But, I was at the post office fifteen minutes before it opened and I was in and out of there in five minutes. YAY for me. And it doesn't hurt to be living in a small town where the post office isn't very busy. Gosh, I can't imagine what the Columbia, MD post office is like!!

I also had an appointment to get my hair cut today, but I got a call early this morning letting me know that the hairstylist with whom I had an appointment was sick and there was no one else who could take me. Ugh. Now I had to figure out when I could get my hair cut before we leave on Friday.

After mailing the packages, I went over to Curves to get my workout done. While there, Kathy, one of our RVing friends from the park came in and I asked her where she got her hair cut. She gave me the number and they were able to take me without an appointment. YAY for me, again! Karen did a great job on my cut and I was able to get my brows and lip waxed, too! The neatest part about this salon is that they have discounted their haircuts to $10 for the month of December because many of their clients have either lost their jobs or are having a tough time financially. Isn't that so cool? I'll go back there just because of that.

So, I was really pleased with my morning. I got all three of my items on my to do list done.

This afternoon I went to the clubhouse and played my dulcimer for a couple of hours. The rest of the day has been quiet. We had leftovers for dinner - Randy had spaghetti and I had chicken & noodle casserole. I really like that casserole!

Now, it's just watching some TV and chillin' with my guy. Hope your week is off to a great start, too!

Until the next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment