Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Monday, December 01, 2008

First of the Month . . . Again!

The first of the month is always a busy day in our house. Since we get paid just once a month, we pay all our bills, go to the bank to get our cash for month, and do a big grocery order all on the first. And when we're in Alabama, we have to go to Pensacola, Florida to do our banking because there are no branches of Bank of America in Alabama. So, we make a day of our "first of the month" chores. :)

After I got back from Curves and got my first cup of coffee and a shower, we started out the day by going to breakfast at the Foley Coffee Shop. I wrote about this diner last month; it's a small town diner where you get the feel of the town. Then it was on to the bank and WalMart for the grocery. We also stopped to get one of our propane tanks filled. By the time we got home it was almost 2pm! Then it was unload the groceries, separate the chicken breasts into freezer bags, update the finances, and get the b'day and anniversary cards ready for the month.

By 4pm, I was done; and I was beat. I hate grocery shopping, but I hate putting away groceries even more. I know I've whined about that before - sorry.

We had salad and baked potatoes for dinner. The rest of the evening was spent in front of the TV and, yes, cross stitching. :) But, I'm almost done with the cross stitching projects, just a few more to do.

That was it for the day. Just another exciting one, huh?

Oh, here's a picture of the group with whom I recorded the CD. Starting from my right: Pat, me, Ruth, Cindy, Ann and Barb. Thought you'd like to see my "co-stars." :)

Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. I hate putting away laundry. Kind of the same thing.

    So, you look like the youngest woman in the room by about 20 years. Go Terry!!

    ReplyDelete