Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Getting Ready for the Weekend

We've had a quiet couple of days. Yesterday Randy worked, but I didn't and really did a whole lot of nothin'. It was a dreary day and I was not motivated – at all. I did get myself out the door in the evening to go to choir.

Because of the rain I didn't get to do the laundry. You may wonder what the rain has to do with getting the laundry done. Well, I'll tell you. :) Our washers and dryers are on an open deck; it's under roof, but no walls. So, the rain would have been an issue.

This morning we woke up to another dreary morning. Ugh! The blahs were upon me. And I just sat in my recliner – no exercise for me this morning. Bad me! The sun finally began to peek out and I had to get moving so I could get to work on time. That commute is a killer, you know! Randy was already in full work mode by the time I got to the office.

We had just a couple of rigs come in off the road. It just gets quieter and quieter as summer approaches.

But, tomorrow afternoon Alicia and I are heading to Pensacola with some other women from church. There's an Extraordinary Women's conference there. We'll be gone until Saturday evening. I haven't been to a Christian women's conference in forever! And I'm really looking forward to it. I don't know most of the speakers listed on the website, but I'm sure they'll be good. Guess I'll find out!

That's it for now. Until the next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. Terrific!!! Hope you receive a real blessing at the women's conference!! It has been forever since I attended a conference or anything by myself!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have rain here too and I'm also getting a little weary of it! Have fun at your women's conference.

    ReplyDelete