Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Getting Ready to Build a Boat . . .

Good grief! I haven't seen this much rain in, well, I don't think I've ever seen this much rain! UGH! Our driveway/yard is a pool. And it's still raining. I am not a fan.

Therefore, I have been a schlub today. I should have gone to JamNFolks this morning, but I didn't. I was all ready to go, but it was raining so hard when it was time to leave, I just didn't want to deal with it. I figured I didn't have to go, so I didn't. One of the nice things about being retired; one really doesn't have to do much of anything one doesn't want to do. :)

So, Randy & I spent the day much like other days on which we have nothing scheduled - computer, TV, reading. I think a short nap might have crept in there, too.

There's a potluck dinner at the clubhouse tonight and we planned to go, but . . . have I mentioned it's STILL raining?!?!?!!! So, the evening will be spent like the day was - computer, TV, reading. Hmmmmmmm, are we in a rut?

Tomorrow the forecast is calling for a sunny day. Yeah, right. We'll see. But, just in case the weatherman is right, the plan is to go to Bellingrath Gardens just outside of Mobile. We've wanted to go for the past couple of years because they have a wonderful Christmas lights display as well as an historic home you can tour. I hope we can go!

Wherever you are, I hope you are warm and dry! :) Until the next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hope you all enjoy your trip to Bellingrath Gardens. Take a few pics to post....would love to see the decorations.

    Here's to more sunny days!!!!

    ReplyDelete