Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Storm has Passed

We were rudely awakened this morning at 4am to the sounds of heavy rain, high winds AND thunder and lightning! Since when do you get thunder and lightning in November!?!?! Anyway, the storm was much worse than anything Ida gave us. The winds were bad enough to buffet the RV and knock our satellite over.

Unfortunately, we were so wide awake we couldn't get back to sleep. So, we got up and began our day. :) I decided it would be a good pj day; I was gonna just enjoy being inside when outside was so ugly. Well, about noon, the sun came out! Bright and beautiful, as if that nasty storm had never happened!

And there went my plans to have a pj day.

Pat reminded me that we had planned to go play music over at the clubhouse. Argh! I didn't want to get dressed and make the effort. I know, I know. How lazy can one person be? Well, lemme tell you - pretty darn lazy! But, I did get dressed and I did go over to the clubhouse with Pat. I did enjoy it, but not as much as usual. I think my mood hadn't caught up with the weather.

Once I came home, I got back into my robe and settled into my recliner. Randy had been there most of the day. He did go out early in the day to get a new dish as ours had bent when it fell over. Luckily, he was able to get a used one for just a few bucks. He put it up and the satellite came right back up.

Anyway, I was nonproductive for the rest of the afternoon. I tried to nap a bit and did for about a half hour, I think. I did make dinner; actually, we had breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs, scrapple and biscuits. It was pretty yummy.

Now, we're watching "The Prisoner" which we'd recorded. I had never seen the original series and Randy says this miniseries is sticking fairly close to it. It's seems pretty weird, though. We'll see how it goes.

Tomorrow is another music day. We've got our Pickers jam in the morning, then Pat & I are going to a couple of gigs we have monthly at a local assisted living facility. Dick & Randy will go home after we have lunch. Then in the evening, Randy's got the first of three Christmas concerts with the Pops.

Hope your week is going well. Until the next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. Lazy days are good once in a while. Especially in yucky weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hate it when my PJ days get interrupted.

    ReplyDelete