Thanks so much for visiting our travel blog. We hope that you enjoy reading about our adventures as much as we're enjoying living them. Let us know what you think - leave a comment or two.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Set Up in Heiskell, TN

We made to Evansville, IN; pulling into the Flying J about 8:40pm. That was exactly 11 hours of traveling. Whew! Not sure what got into Randy, but he said he was feeling good, so he kept driving. I don't know that we've ever traveled that long in one day while towing. But it sure made for an easy day today!

About 5:30 this morning we were both wide awake so we figured we might as well get on the road. Even though we only had a couple hundred miles on the current tank of fuel we decided to go ahead and fill up. This way we'd be good to go for the rest of the trip.

Well. I saw a sign at the RV pumps saying “Auto Diesel $3.249.” I was a little confused because the marquee touted $2.99/gallon for cash. So, I went inside to ask. Yup! If you have a private vehicle, RV or not, at any diesel pump (even the truck bays), you pay $3.249. I said “Thanks!” and got myself back in the truck and we left without filling up. No way we were going to pay that price. That's the most expensive we've seen and it's just plain not right.

About 7:35 this morning I looked at my phone and it said 8:35! So, somewhere along the way in Indiana we moved into Eastern time.

We stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then made a fuel stop in Kentucky ($2.99/gallon at Pilot – thankyouverymuch!) and proceeded on our way to Raccoon Valley.

About the time we crossed into Tennessee, the rain came. Fortunately, it wasn't a heavy rain and Randy is very cool about driving in the rain. It rained off and on the last 50 miles to the campground. Gratefully, it stopped while we were setting up. I hate setting up in the rain. Of course, it doesn't really hurt me 'cause I'm inside!! But, being the good wife that I am, I feel bad for Randy when it's raining. :)

We pulled into Raccoon Valley Escapees Park about 2:40 this afternoon. By 4:30 we were all set up and watching TV.

The weather is not going to be very nice for the first few days we're here. It's gonna be COLD! Like 27 degrees at night!! I told Randy we should have kept going south. Oh, well. We'll be very grateful when we get to Florida because the weather will be perfect in Disney, right? Of course it will.

Settled in for the night. Until the next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. Yep! we got caught once in what we like to call the IN shuffle at the diesel pump. Since then we have managed to come and go thru IN without ever needing fuel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are all settled in at the RV Park.

    Enjoy your time while there.

    ReplyDelete